Justin Jenkins | Web Developer
10728 Interlake Ave N, Seattle, Washington | [email protected]
I love to architect and develop effective, creative and refreshing solutions to complex problems.
Problems are opportunities; a chance to tweak just one thing or redo everything to make an impact, a change or simply communicate better. I enjoy problems.
I have worked with a number of technologies over time but tend to focus on full stack web development, either as an individual contributor or on a team.
The rest of the time you'll find me cooking,
tinkering or maybe wrestling my 6 year old son.
December 2016 - Present
Avalara is the industry standard for accurate tax calculations in real time.
Full Stack Developer
- Collaboration with a team of developers locally and globally to support Avalara web properties
- Lead Development of VATLive.com
February 2016 - December 2016
GreaterGood.com (CharityUSA) runs a network of cause and lifestyle oriented sites & blogs serving 4+ million active users a day. GreaterGood also runs multiple online boutique stores.
Sr. Software Development Engineer
- Lead development of custom multi-site publishing platform
- Maximize performance and scale content for millions of users
- Currently in the process of updating and modernizing legacy features in Java code base to PHP
- Lead development of custom Wordpress plugins to extend both external blogs & internal publishing system
- Work directly with Design Team to implement new designs and features to replace legacy features
- Collaborate with Social Team to leverage Facebook APIs and tools to maximize views
- Leverage Google Ads, Google Analytics and more to drive & analyze traffic
- Create reports and expose valuable data to multiple teams
- Work with stakeholders to gather requirements and create specs for new features
March 2011 - December 2015
Subsplash has developed a unique app creation platform for iOS, Android, Windows Phone and Apple TV. Clients can build their app via an intuitive web based dashboard and Subsplash handles the native code, app submission, updates, and etc. The majority of their client base is non-profit organizations and churches seeking to make their multimedia content avaible via mobile devices.
Along with mobile apps Subsplash also offers many related services such as video/audio hosting and encoding, web multimedia players and embeds as well as some design services.
A mobile focused content delivery company. We grew the company from roughly 100 clients to over 3,000 and from 50,000 app downloads to over 15 million.
Lead Web Developer
- Worked with the Product Team to develop thousands & power millions of iOS, Android, and Windows Phone apps
- Led the Web Team in the development of a web based dashboard for on-the-fly app creation and updating
- Collaborated with the Design Team to create an advanced Bootstrap hybrid UI Kit for the app dashboard
- Devised an app analytics system tracking tens of millions of app interactions a day using MongoDB
- Joined forces with the Support, Sales and Finance Teams to develop a custom intranet and CRM system
- Helped move client signup from a time intensive manual system to a self service online signup process using Stripe
- Created a video/audio hosting and encoding system handling thousands of videos a week and TBs of traffic
- Delicately migrated legacy PHP code into a modern PHP MVC Framework (Lithium)
- Maintained and expanded server architecture from one shared server to 30+ Linux servers with 99.9% uptime
October 2005 – March 2011
A 20,000+ mega church with a large tech focus. Here I worked with many different departments to leverage tech to offer more services, save money, expose important data and improve collaboration.
Sr. Database Architect & Web Developer
- Worked with the IT, HR, Finance, and other teams to improve and enhance the church intranet site and database combining data from millions user accounts
- Spearheaded the development of a web based "Media Center" allowing staff to create podcasts and audio/video archives
- Worked with various leaders to create reports and dashboards using three versions SQL Server
March 2003 – October 2005
A company specializing in software and hardware beta testing. Here I focused mostly on QA for their web based beta test software as well as web and SQL Server development.
Lead QA & Jr. Web Developer
- Worked with the Product Team to assure the quality of three successful iterations of the flagship web based beta testing platform
- Collaborated with Lead Dev to move inline SQL to Stored Procedures and improve performance by 300%
- Helped companies such as Adobe, 3COM, Dell and Microsoft improve and run their beta tests
May 1998 – October 2001
A government and military contractor, I started working here while still in High School. I started off working in one of the labs and moved on to creating an intranet site that combined data from property asset, barcode, HR, and network info databases to better track lab and department assets.
Systems Engineer (Part Time)
- Supported department lab with PC, Mac, Linux, Sun and Unix servers
- Created intranet site combining multiple internal databases (MySQL, LDAP, Oracle) for searching and tracking lab and department assets
- Sponsored for and approved for a US Secret clearance
- Collaborated on projects for the Navy, Army, DARPA, DEA, and more
Top 2% overall.
Does anyone really read this part of a resume?
Anyhow, some of things I like to do other than work are: cooking (ask me about my Thai chicken tacos),
tinkering with things the Intel Edison, Raspberry Pi or LEGOs (mostly to do silly things), playing Nintendo games (not exclusively, but often original NES cartridges),
traveling and taking pictures, or just hanging out with my 6 year old son.
You can contact me via [email protected]